Santa Barbara Bicycle Accidents Lawyer
Fighting for the most vulnerable on the road
At the Law Offices of Robert S. Patterson, we understand how devastating bicycle and pedestrian accidents can be. Bicyclists have little protection against negligent drivers, dangerous road conditions or those who intentionally harass them. Like bicyclists, pedestrians are at the mercy of vehicles hurtling alongside them and through intersections. With nearly 35 years as a trial lawyer, Santa Barbara bicycle accident attorney Robert S. Patterson has extensive experience determining negligence and winning compensation.
Bicycle accidents have become far too common in Santa Barbara and Ventura, where the health- and environmentally-conscious are increasingly being hit by distracted and aggressive car and truck drivers. According to a 2010 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report, California has one of the highest bicyclist fatality rates in the country.
Your compensation depends on the cause
Bicycles are relatively fragile and cyclists are vulnerable to numerous dangers posed by negligence, including:
Our bicycle accident attorney in Santa Barbara has been consistently successful at winning compensation for those injured, including:
Proving fault requires quickly gathering and preserving evidence
If you are injured in a pedestrian or bicycle accident in Santa Barbara, it is essential to gather and preserve evidence, including:
- Pictures of the scene, road conditions and debris
- Pictures of any vehicles involved
- Pictures of damage to your bike
- Pictures of your injuries
- Name, address, phone number and insurance information for the driver
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses
In addition, you should:
- Seek medical attention, follow medical advice and keep records of all medical care
- Write down the chain of events that led up to the accident
- Call a Santa Barbara bicycle accident lawyer to begin investigating the accident
- Keep your bicycle “as is” (i.e., damaged) until your case is concluded
Experienced bicycle accident attorney in Santa Barbara
The Law Offices of Robert S. Patterson combines the experience of a large firm with the personal attention of a small firm. We primarily serve Santa Barbara, Ventura and San Luis Obispo counties, though we work with clients from Los Angeles and San Francisco as well. Initial consultations are free. Call us at 888-479-4589 or contact us online.