Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Santa Barbara
The reality is no sitcom
While pratfalls are frequent fodder for comedy, there is nothing funny about slipping and falling when you get hurt — particularly when it was the carelessness or negligence of someone else that caused the accident. If that has happened to you, then you might be entitled to compensation. With nearly 35 years of experience, Santa Barbara slip and fall accident attorney Robert Patterson has a very strong record of winning at the negotiation table and at trial.
Each year, slip, trip and fall accidents kill thousands of Americans and injure millions. These accidents frequently cause broken bones and head and spine injuries. One of the reasons these accidents are so common is that they can happen anywhere — at work, at the grocery store or on the sidewalk where you are walking. Some of the more common causes include:
- Slippery, broken or uneven sidewalks
- Cobblestones and brick pavers
- Potholes and broken asphalt
- Wet or slippery floors
- Uneven, oddly pitched or dangerous stairs
- Inadequate railings
- Cluttered store aisles
- Inadequate lighting
- Construction debris
- Unsafe balconies
- Cables, cords or wires
Proving negligence requires research and diligence
Slip and fall claims can be particularly difficult personal injury cases to prove. In part, that is because they are one of the most likely types of accidents to be faked. Unfortunately, such unethical claims only make it more difficult for genuinely injured victims.
Our slip and fall accident attorney in Santa Barbara diligently gathers evidence to build your case. He has extensive experience proving property owners knew or should have known about hazards and yet failed to fix them.
You can lay the groundwork for a successful case by:
- Taking pictures of the scene
- Reporting the accident to the property owner
- Filling out an incident report and keeping notes
- Getting the names and contact information of witnesses
- Seeking medical attention and keeping records of all treatment
- Talking to a personal injury attorney as soon as possible — if you were injured on a public sidewalk, you have limited time to file a claim
Experienced Santa Barbara slip and fall accident attorney
Patterson Law combines the experience of a large firm with the personal attention of a small firm. We primarily serve Santa Barbara, Ventura and San Luis Obispo counties, though we work with clients from Los Angeles and San Francisco as well. Initial consultations are always free. Call us at 888-479-4589 or contact us online.