Product Liability Attorney in Santa Barbara, CA
Fighting for the safety of your family
When you buy a product in the United States, you have the right to expect that the product will work as advertised and be safe to use. When you hire someone to repair your car, bicycle or electrical wiring, you have the right to expect that they will not use defective parts. Unfortunately, that does not always happen. If you have been injured by a defective product or negligent service, you may be entitled to compensation.
At Patterson Law, we focus exclusively on helping clients injured due to the negligence of others. That includes product liability cases. We provide the meticulous research, case preparation and trial skills of a large firm, but are committed to treating you with the personal attention usually found only in a small firm. Santa Barbara product liability lawyer Robert S. Patterson has nearly 35 years of experience aggressively representing and winning for clients.
Understanding product liability laws
Under product liability law, personal injury cases may be based on the following:
- Negligence: The law expects a manufacturer to use reasonable care in designing, manufacturing, inspecting and testing its products. And they and must warn consumers of potential dangers.
- Breach of warranty: This type of contract law deals with express and implied warranties. Manufacturers often attempt to protect themselves through disclaimers.
- Strict liability: California has led the way in implementing strict liability, which makes it possible to recover for personal injuries even without proving that a manufacturer was negligent or breached a warranty. Under strict liability, you need only demonstrate that:
- The product was defective
- The defect existed before it was distributed by the manufacturer
- The defect caused your injuries
Defects may be:
- Design defects or flaws
- Manufacturing defects
- Failure to provide clear, concise, visible warnings if it is conceivable a product could be used in a hazardous way
Insurance companies vigorously fight these cases. But Santa Barbara product liability lawyer Robert S. Patterson has the experience and the investigative and trial skills to win them.
Experienced product liability attorney in Santa Barbara
Patterson Law combines the experience of a large firm with the personal attention of a small firm. We primarily serve Santa Barbara, Ventura and San Luis Obispo counties, though we work with clients from Los Angeles and San Francisco as well. Initial consultations are free. Call us at 888-479-4589 or contact us online.